Saturday, May 9, 2009

Freelance Dramaturg

A Poorly Drawn Comic Strip By Someone Who Normally Draws Better Than This

Some time ago, I drew a couple of halfassed comic strips on a sheet of 3-hole typing paper, reflecting my own semi-jaundiced view of my experiences in theatre. And this morning, I decided to do a third using my el cheapo pen tablet. I figured I'd share them.

Who knows? Maybe I'll make more one day.

Seriously. Go to hell, Folio.All directors look vaguely like Robert Lipton to Freelance Dramaturg.It was really hard to meticulously redraw the last 3 panels to look identical to each other, and only vaguely different from panel 3...
If you click on them, you can see them at legible size. I particularly like the way FD looks in the last few panels of the third one.

Disclaimer: Freelance Dramaturg is not NECESSARILY a self-portrait without a nose. For one thing, I hardly ever actually work as a dramaturg anymore. However, it's not NOT a self-portrait either.



EDIT: Jesus fuck, the spam commenters had a field day here (well, 3 comments, which is a field day by my standards). Seriously, spammers: this site averages about 40 hits a day, mostly from people doing image searches and not reading the words. It's not worth the effort to even run a bot.

5 comments:

Cletus Hookworm said...

How do the glasses stay on without a nose?

Alibear said...

I adore Freelance Dramaturg. I demand more. MORE!!!! You should submit this to Perform Ink.

Anonymous said...

hello... hapi blogging... have a nice day! just visiting here....

emilysianne said...

This made my day. As a dramaturg, I totally love Freelance Dramaturg - sadly accurate, wonderfully funny.

john said...

It was great to see the old printshop and everyone who works there again. I am excited to see a printing business still operating and growing, great job guys
British sme