Thursday, February 28, 2008

The oddest injury I've ever sustained.

I'm sorry for anyone expecting a re-run, but this is actual new content. For the past few days I've been suffering from a nagging injury. I've been hesitant to blog about it, but this is the single stupidest way I've ever hurt myself (which, if you knew me like I know me, is saying a lot). And that means I can complain about it.
On Monday evening, while attempting to blow my nose, I suddenly sneezed and tore up my throat.

Let me repeat that (we dig repetition here at The Slog).

On Monday evening, while attempting to blow my nose, I suddenly sneezed and tore up my throat.

And when I say "tore-up," I don't mean, "made a little sore."

I mean, "I started spitting up blood, and instantaneously made myself feel like I had strep throat."

If you are ever thinking about sneezing while blocking your one clear nostril and having your mouth closed: don't. Holy hell, I thought I was having an aneurysm. It felt as if my head inflated like a Tex Avery character. I was under the momentary impresssion that my brain had actually ejected out of the back of my skull.

Not to mention the lion's share of The Crap My Body Needed to Sneeze Out came though my tear ducts. That's right, in addition to my brain exploding and my throat feeling like it was full of glass shards, I ended up sneezing through my eyes.

I now return you to your regularly scheduled romp down Memory Lane.

2 comments:

Cletus Hookworm said...

I suppose your folks didn't take out the extended warranty on you, huh? That's a shame because it's those little repairs that end up costing the most in the long haul.

Anonnoblog said...

That's amazing. One of my workmates is going in for surgery on his nose next month, apparently one of his nasal passages goes off in a funny direction. We don't know if he'll get plumbed together right, so he might end up snezing out of his ears.